Have you ever wished you could pull Hugo out of your messy browser tabs and have it right there in your Dock or Taskbar with your other apps instead?
Now you can! 🚀
New in BETA this week is a special web app version of Hugo that works the same as Hugo does in your browser.
- Open app.hugo.team in Chrome
- Open the three-dot menu in the top right
- Look about 3/4ths of the way down. Click "Install Hugo"
- If you're on a Mac, double-click the Hugo icon to launch. PC users should see the web app launch automatically
- (Optional) Drag your new Hugo app icon to a new location in your dock or taskbar
- Use Hugo normally from the web app.
Quick Note: This is a Chrome web app, not a full stand-alone app for Mac and PC. You'll need to have Chrome open, and Hugo still requires access to the internet. Even so, now it's much easier to swap back and forth between Hugo and your other work, without searching through all those tabs!
Enjoy and let us know what you think.